It’s wintertime and flu season but we can prevent flu with natural intervention help. Choosing correct natural intervention and botanical remedies are important in order to be effective. Actually, a doctor of naturopathy is one of whom has enough knowledge and experience in every natural intervention. A naturopath can guide us through a natural health journey to prevent and cure the flu naturally in the winter season. Here are some of the questions that we ask;
What is the cause of flu or cold in a natural health approach?
Cold, coughs, and flu occur when the immune system is weekend, making the body more susceptible to infections. Naturopathy emphasizes discovering the underlying imbalance in the immune system. In fact, we help the body to fight the infection through natural health interventions.
Additionally, Flu and imbalanced immune system are related together. In fact, some contributory causes to a weakened immune system include; too much toxin accumulation the body( too much fast food, alcohol or a poor diet), exposure to dry and cold winds, overwork and not enough rest, and emotional stress.
On top of that, flu is caused by a viral infection. Especially when the immune system is weak, flu signs and symptoms usually come on suddenly. In particular, some of the symptoms include fever( natural body’s reaction to fight the germs), muscle aches, and pins, a headache, a sore throat, tiredness, and finally a cough. Some children have vomiting and diarrhea.
What are natural interventions that can help to recover from the flu?
- If you start natural intervention within two days before getting sick, you can feel the best results. However, starting them later can still be helpful, but you need to follow your doctor’s instructions for taking further medications.
*As you know, if you get sick with flu symptoms, in most cases, you should stay home and avoid contact with other people so you will not transfer germs to other people.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Another natural intervention is to use aromatic organic oil such as Eucalyptus oil to disinfect the air. Eucalyptus oil vapor reduces sinus and respiratory inflammation as wells as cleans the air. It can also reduce the risk of infecting others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like flu.
- Another natural intervention to fight flu is rest and drink plenty of water mixed with fresh lemon juice. Seasonal fruits are the best natural remedies for seasonal diseases. As we know winter is the lemon season in California, and lemon is the best natural medicine to cure sore throat and reduce staph germs in the environment.
- Your medicine grows in your back yard, let’s use it to prevent and cure diseases.
- One the Anti-viral natural medicine is raw onions. Try to eat raw onions along with your hot soup to help your immune system heal itself. Actually, flu antivirals are prescription and are not available over-the-counter but you can try the natural one before it’s late!
- Eat high protein hot soup that is a great source of Zinc and helps your immune system to get stronger and defend better.
- Stay home until you are better.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone. Your fever should be gone without the use of fever-reducing medicine( applying clod compress to the forehead might help). Actually, fever is your body’s natural reaction to germs and it demonstrates that your immune system is in high alert to defend. Naturopaths do not recommend suppressing the immune system. Help your immune system to defend in a natural way as much as possible.
- Another natural intervention for flu is taking plenty of fresh fruits and citrus oranges that are a source of vitamin C. Certainly, fresh vitamin C source helps your defense system and detox your body.
- As we notice, a natural intervention to help the immune system is easy to use. Actually, more people are interested in learning about natural remedies to prevent and even cure flu and cold symptoms. World Health Organization considers natural interventions as the first choice for flu prevention.
- Some of the botanicals and herbal teas can be helpful to improve immune system function and reduce inflammation. For example one of the recommended herbs is Chamomile that has anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- If you like learning more about botanical remedies for diseases prevention, click https://www.mytraditionalyoga.com/detoxification-california-weight-loss-diet-plan-nutrition/herbal-remedy-recommendations/